Fall is here and the holidays are just around the corner. What better time to warm up with delicious pumpkin pie oatmeal? With oats and pumpkin puree, this recipe is satisfying and packed with almost 7 grams of fiber!
This oatmeal is easy to mix in single serving containers and can stay in the fridge, ready to go, for several days. It makes a great breakfast or pre-workout snack. Depending on your macronutrient requirements, additional oats or pumpkin can be added or even some raisins and brown sugar.
Fat: 4.3 g
Carbs: 43.5 g
Fiber: 6.8 g
Protein: 20.8 g
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 48 grams (just over ½ cup) Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 30 grams (¼ cup) Libby’s Pumpkin Puree
- 58 grams (¼ cup) Fat Free Half & Half
- 15 grams (½ scoop) Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey - Vanilla
- ¼ cup Water
- Pumpkin Pie spice (to taste)
- Splenda or other sweetener (optional)
Combine oats, pumpkin puree, half & half and vanilla whey in bowl or storage container.
Mix in the pumpkin pie spice to taste; about a dash. Add Splenda or other sweetener if desired.
Stir in the water to your desired thickness. It should be fairly runny so that the oatmeal can absorb the water and expand when heated.
Microwave for about 1.5 minutes or store in fridge until ready to eat.